Old Second National Bank ATM/Debit Overdraft Protection Service
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
- We have standard overdraft practices that come with your account.
- We also offer overdraft protection plans, such as a link to a savings account, which may be less expensive than our standard overdraft practices. To learn more, ask us about these plans.
What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account?
We do authorize and pay overdrafts on the following types of items:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
- Automatic bill payments
We do not authorize and pay overdrafts on the following types of transactions unless you ask us to (see below):
- ATM Transactions
- Everyday debit card transactions
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction.
If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
What fees will I be charged if Old Second National Bank pays my overdraft?
Under our standard overdraft practices:
- We will charge you a fee of $33.00 each time we pay an overdraft.
- Also, if your account is overdrawn $25.00 or more for 7 consecutive days, we will charge an additional $5.00 each business day after the 7th day.
- We will not charge you for more than 6 overdraft incidents or occurrences per business day.
What if I want Old Second National Bank to authorize and pay my overdrafts on my ATM and everyday debit card transactions?
If you want Old Second to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit card transactions, call 1-877-866-0202 or complete and submit the form below.
If you want to rescind your choice to have Old Second authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit card transactions, please complete and submit the following form. You can also rescind your authorization by calling 1-877-866-0202, write to us at 37 S. River Street, Aurora, Illinois 60506, or stop in at any of our branches.