Types of checks that can be cashed for immediate funds
- Federal, State, and Local Government Checks up to $2,000.
- Federal or State Income Tax Refund Checks up to $5,000.
- Tax refund checks from third party tax preparation firms up to $5,000.
- Payroll, Business, Insurance, Stock Dividend, and Rebate Checks up to $1,500.
- Money Orders up to $1,500.
- Personal and Business Checks drawn on Old Second Bank-no limit.
Fees are less than many check cashing businesses. Old Second Bank charges only 1% of the face value of each check of $500 or more, or a flat $5 fee for each check $500 or less.
Also ask about our other solutions to help manage your cash without a bank account:
*Terms and Conditions apply. We reserve the right to not cash a check based on information provided to us. All checks subject to approval by PayCheck Accept®/Certegy Check Services which is not affiliated with Old Second Bank. No third-party checks cashed. Fees subject to change without notice.